We are family on a journey, bringing to life our purpose in
authentic, uncomplicated community.
Statement of Faith
This is not meant to be exhaustive, but a brief outline of commonly held beliefs of Rock Community Church. The Bible itself is the sole and final source for all that we believe.
THE WORD OF GOD
We believe the Word of God – Old and New Testaments to be inspired by God. The Scriptures are infallible and the final authority for faith and life. (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21)
We believe in the One Everlasting & Eternal God. Infinite in all things, Holy, Pure and Perfect. Possessing absolute & indivisible deity. (I Cor. 8:6; Eph. 4:4-6; II Cor. 5:19, Matt. 16:16, 17; Acts 11:16-18)
THE SINFULNESS OF MAN
We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but when Adam sinned the human Race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God. Since that time man is of himself utterly unable to remedy his lost condition. (Gen. 1:26, 27 Rom. 3:22-23, 5:12, 6:23, Eph. 2:1-3, 4:17-19)
We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received through faith in Jesus Christ. (Eph. 2:8-9)
The Christian life is a daily walk of faith and in that, several basic disciplines are involved; prayer, Bible study, regular church fellowship, giving of resources, worship, and fasting.
We believe that God has given the church a great commission. Namely, to proclaim the gospel to all nations. As ambassadors of Christ, we will use all available means to spread the gospel at home and abroad. (Matt. 28:19, 20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46-48; John 20:21; Acts 1:8; II Cor. 5:20)
- We believe that the local church, which is a part of the worldwide church, is specifically made up of people who are “born-again”. (I Cor. 6:1-8; Eph. 1:22-23, 5:25-27)
- We believe that the establishment and continuance of local church congregations is foreshadowed in the Old Testament by the twelve tribes of Israel, and fulfilled in the New Testament. (Acts 14:27, 20:17, 28-32; I Tim. 3;1-13; Titus 1:5-11 )
- We believe in the interdependence of the local church with other churches, local & translocal, however free of any secular authority or control. (Acts 13:1-4, 15:19-31, 20:28; Rom. 16:1, 4; I Cor. 3:9, 16, 5:4-7, 13; I Peter 5:1-4)
- We believe that the local church has two types of purposeful gatherings – small groups (generally held during the week), and together in one place corporately (generally held over the weekend). (Acts 2:42-47, 28: 30, 31; Heb. 10:25)
- We believe that the church in relation to Jesus Christ is a type of relationship between a husband and a wife, and sets a clear and unchangeable model for marriage – that between two individuals born as opposite gender, a male and female.